Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Oh how time flies...

I want to start off saying that I canNOT believe that Blake is already 9 months old! And get this, CRAWLING! Finally. :) I knew he'd get it, and he did it for the first time yesterday. He's still working on perfecting it, but he's definitely getting the hang of it. He's growing up so fast! I mean, he's a pro a sitting up super straight with no problem, and he's getting better and better at sitting up from laying down and pulling up to standing. He's always trying to pull himself up to standing. And he's so proud when he does! :D

I think he might be somewhat grasping the concept of sharing. Tonight he was playing with his pacifier, and kept holding it out to me. Everytime I went to take it, he'd snatch it back, until finally I opened my mouth for him and he tried to put it in my mouth (sideways, but it's the thought that counts!). It was so sweet!

Let's see, what else...hmm, well he's still jaundiced, and still itchy, somedays worse than others. He's starting to get xanthomas on his fingers. :( I also feel like he sleeps a lot more than other babies his age, probably because of the jaundice (makes them sleepy). Last week (I think?) he was 11 lbs 12 oz, so ALMOST 12 lbs. But, he was a little over 26 inches...last time I took him only a month before he was 24 inches, so that's not bad I don't think.

Oh! He's also turning into quite the chatterbox! He doesn't say any words yet, but man he babbles like no tomorrow! :) He says rarara, bababa, dadada, gagaga, etc...but still only mama when he's crying or mad. :( Oh well, one of these days, hopefully soon, he will!

As I side note, not about Blake, I finally have my AA! Well, kinda. I have my classes done, and I need to apply for graduation. I was stupid and missed it for this semester, so I have to wait for the end of summer to do it. But anyway, I'm basically done! And it feels SO good. :) I think I might know what I want to do now too: ASL translator. It just sounds like something I want to do; the more I think about it, the more excited I get. Now I just need to find a school that has the program (preferably not online). I'm working on it though! Or maybe I'll see if I can take the sign language classes at another school and do the rest online or something. I would prefer to do it in person though. Another side note: I'm finally down to one or two pounds lighter than what I was pre-pregnancy! :D Woo! The only down side is that all (ALL) of my work pants fall off. I went to buy some in a smaller size, and they were out of that size. Boo! So this was the smallest they had. Oh well. And yet another side note, me and Ray are doing AMAZING. :) So, so glad that we decided to date!

Well I think that's about all I have to ramble about for now. :) Not really any new pictures to post this time around, just been so busy doing finals and then working, but next post I think I'll post some pics of my cloth diaper collection if anyone is nosey enough to want to know! I don't know, I love looking at diaper collections, and I know I'm not the only one! Maybe I'll have made some new diapers by then! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UWF has ASL! I was thinking about taking it and asked a friend who took it when she lived here. I am pretty sure she said UWF offers ASL. So you wouldnt have to do it on-line! I have been thinking about the same thing. It is so exciting! and OMG, I CAN NOT believe Blake is crawling!!! Our kiddos are growing up SO fast!!! =**) we love you guys !

Unknown said...

They have ASL classes, but not a program dedicated to becoming an interpreter. NWFSC has ASL as well, and it's closer/cheaper! I'm just not sure what all you have to have besides knowledge of ASL to become an interpreter. My friend said there's a place off of 87 that teaches it, and she's supposed to look at the name for me. And I can't either!!!! Well, he crawls when he FEELS like it haha. So it's not an all the time thing yet. We love you too! Happy mother's day!