Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

My first one. :) Unfortunately, I will be at work later on, and even more unfortunately, it's Sunday, so I will be taking the inventory (pain in the you know what). BUT, I'm determined to make the best of it! Little Blake got me a balloon and some candy, what a sweetheart! And the card I made my mom, yeah she thought it was store bought. Who makes awesome cards???? Haha. :D

Blake's been doing alright, I think he's sorta close to cruising. :) Yesterday at a birthday party I had him standing next to a bench, and he scooted down it a little bit. Baby steps (no pun intended)! Speaking of birthdays, I can't believe my little man is about to be a year old soon! It's just SO hard to believe. I was looking at birthday cards the other day, and came across some first birthday ones and, no joke, was on the verge of tears! I don't really cry a whole lot, especially over things like this, but I really was close. I don't want my baby to grow up! I mean, I do, but it's all so bittersweet.

Baby boy has been pretty itchy, but it doesn't look like his xanthomas have gotten any worse. Not any better either, but at least not worse. I don't think they'll go away until his cholesterol gets lower. I'm a little anxious for him to reach the three year mark, because I've heard that a lot of times kids experience spontaneous rapid improvement around that time. I'm so ready for that for him. I feel so bad, he seems so miserable these days, just with itching so much. I wish I could take it all for him, the itching, the jaundice, any heart problems, all of it. It's so not fair that he has to go through all of this. Everyone who has non-jaundiced babies who are not itching horribly at every moment needs to be extremely thankful. It's so hard to watch him go through this, and I feel so, I don't know, helpless. I want to help take that away for him, but what can I do? I help scratch him, I lotion him up, give him his meds/vitamins, what else to do? He seems a little less happy-go-lucky than what he was a couple months ago, and I'm sure it's because of the intense itching. I hate that he has to spend his most worry free innocent years being too busy with scratching everywhere and being in such discomfort. I'm extremely thankful for my sweet boy, don't get me wrong, but I wish he didn't have to go through so much so young. I know there are people who are worse off than us, but all the same he's my baby, and I want to help him through every little discomfort he may have.

Anyway, on a happier note, I've made two new diapers since the last post. :) One is another flannel pocket diaper, and the other is an all in one pocket. I made it with fleece and then cotton knit on the back and wings for decoration. I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! I haven't tried it out yet though, so I'm not sure how well it's going to work. Once I get more proficient at making these, I think I might start taking some volunteers to try out these diapers to see how truly "one size" this pattern is. The first one I made seems to fit Blake great. I usually stuff mine with a micro-fiber towel that I bought a pack of at Ross, and they also have them at Big Lots and I'm sure any other store, and that seems to work well. But you can also use a prefold or really anything that you prefer. :) Let me know what you think of that idea, and if you would be interested in trying out any! :D

I will post pics a little later today, in a new post. I still need to take/upload the pictures! :)

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

You're such a great mom Sheila! Blake is so blessed to have you!

That's so cute him holding the balloon!

Unknown said...

Thanks lady! :D Yeah, that was my mother's day gift, but I think he enjoys playing with it the most! :D