Friday, September 14, 2012

27 weeks

I can't believe that the day after tomorrow, I'll be in my third and FINAL trimester. Holy cow! Where has all this time gone? This pregnancy is just flying by, and I'm not gunna lie, I'm halfway scared that she will come before everything is all set up. But in all reality, there isn't a whole lot left to do, mostly just decoration that I've been working on during the weekends since I have officially been laid off (and it feels GREAT might I add).



Not a whole lot new this week. More Braxton Hicks contractions, at least a few a day. Still plent of movement on Sophia's part, and still getting bigger. She's still perfectly on track, so very thankful for that. :) I feel so blessed this time around. For one, everything is looking healthy. Also, Nate is so involved. He's incredibly excited, which I LOVE. It's so different from last time. The first time around, I moved back into my mom's house, sperm donor's first thing was "I want a paternity test," (after TRYING for a baby, his idea, mind you), and he was just so not involved. This time, we really feel like a family. We have our own place that we're really making our own, I'm head over heels for Nate, he's ecstatic about becoming a father, and we're engaged. Not that you have to be in order to be a happy family, but it still makes me happy. I feel like even though I had been through some pretty bad times in life, this is somehow trying to make up for all of it. I will of course always miss Blake, but if I'm going to have to be deprived of my son, at least I can have a healthy baby and loving, supportive partner after. I don't know, but it just feels like everything is finally falling into place.

In other news, I have been having fun trying to be crafty and make her stuff. For example, me and my youngest sister, Cheyne, tie dyed some onesies and side snap tees for her, I sewed her a blanket, and I finished up a fitted pocket diaper for her. I want to make more blankets, since that one just turned out sooo cute. Jersey knit was a pain to work with though, so I need to apply some of the tips I looked up (AFTER already having the blanket done...oops). And I also got 12 indian cotton prefolds from a friend for a bit cheaper than I would normally. SO much better than Gerber prefolds. Don't judge, but I keep pulling them out and playing with them, not gunna lie. :) So guess I'll leave you all with pictures of my crafts and belly!


Tie dye!


Diaper with a snappi


Blanket I made :)


27 weeks 5 days!

No comments: