Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well getting the ashes was even more emotional than what I thought it would be. I was able to hold it together until I got into my car and opened it. The bag of his ashes is so small...it forces me to think about how small and young he was. Then I lost it and started sobbing, right there in the post office parking lot. Then I looked to my right and saw a lady parked next to me, staring as I cried. Awkward. I'm sure that was a pretty sight, since for one, no one looks cute crying, and then I had make up running down my face...yeah, beautiful. Then I went to go see my mom, and lost it again...can't win. I decided not to do anything with the ashes, just to keep them in his box of stuff. Well, some of them I will ship off to be made into a life gem when I can afford it, but that won't be for a while (unless i win/play the lottery). But I just don't really want to do anything that will get rid of him. I want him here, with me.

In other news, I have an interview Thursday with gymboree to maybe be a shift leader. :) Hello little pay raise! I'll still work at Fuds I guess, but still, at gymboree I can at least wear normal clothes to work. Kind of excited about that. Hopefully I get the job! So I can be stretched even more thin...but at least I'll have money, right? Ugh. But I think it would be fun. Hopefully the raise will be worth the gas money...my job now is about six miles away. This will be about 21 away...for $1.10 more an hour. Enh. Guess we'll see. :P Why can't I just find a job on base as like a secretary???

And my school is stressing me out. Applying for the dental assisting program should not be this hard. It keeps coming up with error, so I asked the school about it and they said that I need to change my objective. So I tried to change it so that I could apply, and when I go to switch to dental assisting, it says that I can't switch it to that, only out of it. Catch 22 much? It's a little frustrating. I just want to apply!!! :( So, I guess tomorrow when I go to school, in between classes I'll talk to the councilors again about not being able to apply. I'm sure they're tired of seeing me. I just want to move forward in life, so I can get a real job and make a decent amount of money.

On top of everything else I have to worry about, I'm also thinking about how hard it's going to be to find a guy as into the natural parenting stuff as I am. Cloth diapering isn't as bad, even though most guys I know are against touching/cleaning/anything to do with cloth, but they don't mind if I do it myself. Breast feeding, well most guys I've met support that. The whole circumcising thing, that's a different story. I don't want to have it done; I feel like it's mean and very unnecessary. Finding a guy with the same opinion, now that's proving to be a task in itself. Who would have thought finding a guy who doesn't want to chop of part of their son's skin right at birth would be so difficult? It's one of those things I'm not willing to budge on. This is why I felt like being a single parent was easier sometimes.

Oh, and my lovely phone decided to delete all of my videos, most of my ringtones, and some of my pictures. Thanks phone, really. At least I already downloaded pretty much everything onto my computer. Now I just need to put it on a disc for further preservation. Most of my videos of Blake were on my phone, and I liked being able to watch them whenever I wanted...but not anymore I guess. :( At least next month I can use my upgrade and get a new one. I wish it were next month already.

Ummm, I think that's about it for now. Happy Valentine's day. It hasn't been exciting, besides getting the call for the interview and turning in some paperwork finally. I worked. And other than that, that's it. No plans lol. Oh well, I'm not big on Valentine's day (singles awareness day?) anyway. I think a little be later I'll go grocery shopping, since lord knows I need to do it badly. And I do mean badly lol. Hope everyone else is having a more eventful day than me!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I totally agree with you on the circumcision thing. I had been dating my fiance for almost 6 years when I was pregnant with our son. He really wanted to circumcise and I didn't. I think it's barbaric and equates to the ironically socially unaccepted female circumcision. Although he disagreed with me all the way to the hospital, he "let me have my way". I think stick to your guns and if any guy wants to have a serious discussion with you about it, bring up medically proven facts about why it shouldn't be done. You can't argue with science.