Wednesday, February 3, 2010

So excited!

I filed my taxes the other day, and this is my favorite tax season EVER! Haha. Did NOT expect this much back! I can pay off all his medical bills now (since medicaid hates me), pay my mom back from when she paid my insurance for three months (thanks!), and I'm also planning to buy him a new cloth diaper stash (since the gDiapers just aren't really working for him, I'm getting the Flip system. SO excited!!! Yay fluff!), a dSLR camera, and I plan to take Mom out to dinner as a thank you for watching Blake for free when I work (lately that's pretty much all the time). I'll still have a good bit left over to save, which will be nice. :)

Blake is just growing up so darn fast. He's just into everything! He grabs at everything, everything goes into his mouth, passes everything back and forth in his hands, etc. It's so cute just watching him play and experiment! He's so smart, and I've read that if babies are willing to explore, then they feel confident that the parent (or caregiver) cares for them and will come when he cries. So I'll take that as a sign that I'm doing something right. :D

I hope Blake starts taking to solids more now that he's six months old. I'm so ready for him to eat his food! He likes to play with it, but I would like for it to get to the point that food is replacing a bottle or so everyday. Especially since WIC has cut back his formula since he gets food now too to only six cans a month. I really don't want to have to pay for his formula, since for three cans together it's about $86. Ouch.

I'm really wanting to grow a garden. When Blake gets older, I think he would have fun helping mommy in the garden. It's so weird to me that I want to garden. I've always been the type that thought it was gross. I definitely do not have a green thumb, but maybe it would be different this time around. But, unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that Blacky (my sister's dog) would destroy it all, since it's normally what she does. I can't wait to move out, have my own yard to do with what I'd like, and to just have room for everything and be independent. I love the help I get here, but I'm looking to have a more natural way of life. I want to kind of get married, just so I can have financial support and not have to work, or at least work less. I've been so stressed out with five online classes (I hate online classes, but with all the trips to Gainesville, I don't think I could've taken normal classes), working five to six days a week, and trying to care for Blake. Blake is my main concern, and I wish I could just spend all of my days paying attention to him. Plus this house I'm in now is way too small for all of us. We have no room, it's always a big mess, and just everything needs work done to it. It's just really frustrating. I kinda wish mom would move out and find a nicer, bigger place, and let me rent this out from her. That way I'm pretty sure she would let me paint and all that jazz, and I would finally have room to do stuff. It would be a nice sized house for me and Blake, and if I met someone then him. I think I could make this house look a ton better, but that's just me. If I could just completely redo it, I bet it could look not too bad. But anyway, I don't see that happening anytime soon!

I'll leave you with a cute picture of Blake playing, sitting up, and of course, drooling!

Photobucket

No comments: